Monday, April 11, 2011

Playing & Lucious Flowers

I've been playing at the pc today and sending my sister backgrounds for a slide show she is making for our parents 60th anniversary. It's going to be beautiful, we decided to place a small packet of tissues at each place setting. :)


Please click on this mosaic to see a larger detail.

Flowers of just about any kind are beautiful.
I especially like pink roses and not just live ones!
Through the years I've collected plates, teacups, bone dishes,
butter pats and anything with  roses. And I recently purchased more
chiffon for the singed lucious roses. You can find how-to on you tube and I have a tutorial HERE. How-to's are all over the web


The clutch I made for the giveaway.
I used the singed flowers on the flap closure of the clutch.



Tiny Vintage demitasse Prussia teacup and saucer.
I was lucky enough to snag this for less than $20!


Soft pink roses from our garden, picked fresh yesterday.
Free roses, can't get any thriftier than that! The little pitcher is from
Marshall's.


Roses on a tarnished silver tray.




These sweet little rhinestone buttons I recieved in the mail from China.
You can find them at Peace Pea Store on Ebay.
Shipping is usually free on their rhinestone buttons.
These were $6.50 for 20 buttons!


The Shelley teacup was a great find, it had no saucer but who cares!
It is now converted into a sweet little pin cushion.


I am linking up to: Nifty Thrifty Tuesday, stop by Linda's Coastal Charm
and visit her and check out others with those Nifty Thrifty finds. And check out Kim @ Today's Creative Blog for Get Your Craft On!
And Bonnie @ House of Grace, check out her Twice Owned Party!

 http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

  1. I too love everything with roses, they are my favorite flowers. And I have a new dinner set (well I am collecting it slowly piece by piece) with pale pink roses, SO pretty ♥

    Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow beautiful items and beautiful photos! Im a floral fan esp roses. The tea cup pin cushion is so cute, i really need to have a go at making one of these :o) Scarlett x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Linda, what pretty floral items you're sharing today. I just love the tea cup and saucer especially. Have a wonderful week, xxx tami

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful post Linda! Congratulations to your parents...60yr...That's just wonderful.
    I'm sure you will take loads of photos! Have fun!

    Marcie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment and visit QBC. :)