Monday, May 17, 2010

So Thoughtful.....

The last couple of weeks have been a little challenging.
We've been grieving the loss of our little Buffy, the cutest
Shih-Tzu, and naughty! Because of his seizures, I had to make the difficult decision
to have him put to sleep. I had been on the phone with my sister
many times, also updating me on our mom and dad who are aging.
I wrote up a short post about our little dog and recieved an
outpouring of thoughts and caring from fellow bloggers.
All of your sweet comments were heartfelt and very much
appreciated. A couple of days ago one comment came
through my email and it went like this......

'I read a few of your last posts and I'm so sorry about your sweet dog. We have had a couple litters of shih tzu/maltese puppies. We have an 9 month old boy from that litter that didn't sell (It was Christmas time when they were old enough to leave their mom and everyone was spending money on toys.). He's a gorgeous long hair, white/tan mix. We've been looking for someone to give him to as we already have the mom and dad dogs. Mom is pure shih tzu. Dad is pure maltese. If you are interested, we'd be happy to send him to you. Not as a replacement. Just a new friend. Feel free to email me if you would like'.

This comment is from  Polly's 'Counting Your Blessings'

I hope this is ok, Polly. I just had to write about your beautiful comment.
I was so taken with emotion. What a sweet offer.

Thanks again for all of you dear people that commented.

I've been keeping busy in the house too.
I finished the valance for the egg blue bdrm. I'll call this pretty room our
garden room. I feel so refreshed when I come in here. It's like a cool
drink of water.
The fabric is a cameos of pretty gazebos all over with clusters of
garden tools, flowers and vinery in light browns.
I have a pillow done for the bed. When everything is put together I'll do
more pics and a post.

16 comments:

  1. What a sweet thing for someone to do. Polly you are amazing. Truly one of God's angels on earth. I also love the valance. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How thoughtful and so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I hope you are considering her offer. How sweet. I know you can't replace your baby, but the joy that a new buddy will bring you will be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you'll KNOW when the time is right for a new critter in your home. This was a lovely gesture,,,but maybe you aren't ready yet???

    Americans, in particularly the last 50 years or so, have been raised to handle death and loss differently. We'd lose a goldfish,,,,get a hampster. Lose a kitty,,,,get a dog. Our parents were great at replacements. I'm not saying YOURS or you specifically, just the era in general. Replacement of a pet, spouse, whatever doesn't HEAL the grief,,,,it takes TIME..

    In other cultures they create traditions/culminate memories. Of course, these are mostly for HUMANS..But I think it's important to have a time of grief, memories, before we move on.....Just my take.

    Don't get me wrong..I cannot imagine my life without animals. I always have a "Zoo" of some sort,,,,but I think it's smart to spend some time to commemorate/celebrate before replacing.

    So sorry you lost your "fur baby!" We love them so!

    Hugs and love,
    Shell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Linda:
    So what did you decide? Is the new pup coming to live with you? Kes is getting to the age (13) where we really have to think about getting her a baby brother. We'd be lost without a dog in the house and she'd love the company. Your blog friend made a generous offer, and although the pup never ever replaces a loved and lost pet, they do give us another warm, fuzzy to pamper.
    xoxo
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Polly is a sweetie! I love the valances ~ my Mom had a garden room ~ haven't heard that in years! Thank you for the memories!

    ReplyDelete
  7. God has the spirit of your sweet little dog in his hands and you hold the same in your heart. You will know when it is the right time to start a new relationship and in the meantime those wonderful memories will comfort you. deb

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous18.5.10

    Hi Linda,
    We lost our KittyBoy in Nov '08 and I still miss him..I had never lost a pet before and was unprepared for the profound sadness. Our boys grew up with Kitty and he was part of our family. Our little dog who is 5 yrs younger that KittyBoy was lonely, too. Five months later we found Bella..she brought us many laughs and joy, but never a replacement.
    Take your time and yes what a sweet offer from your bloggie friend♥

    Hugs,
    Lynn♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just read about your loss - I'm so sorry, I know what it's like to have to make that decision. When Blackie died I was dogless for the first time in thirty-five years but now Brownie continues the tradition. I wouln't know what to do without Brownie, he helped me get over the loss of a freind I'd known fourteen years.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm grieving for my cat Bonnie, who's been gone over a week. I too have a room called the garden room, though it doesn't have even a window! Just two smallish skylights. Our rooms are what we make them!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sorry about your little dog! We once had a chihuahua from age 6 wks to 15 1/2. She was the nicest little dog we had ever had and was such a part of thefamily growing up with the kids. She started having seizures and the vet said she was in pain when it happend and that she had a brain tumor. We were devastated to have to put her down. We loved her very much. So we know how you feel. God Bless and hope you get the dog offered. Hugs, Kerrie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Linda, I am sooooooooo sorry for the loss of you sweet furr baby! It is a crushing blow! I lost my precious girl in February. She turned 13 in January & this is the first time I have not had a furr baby in a LONG time. So many people tell me to get another one but, I just can't yet. I know it would not be a replacement of Reba for no one could... My heart still has too big of a hole in it & I don't think it would be fair to a new baby. But, there is nothing like a puppy kiss! HUGS from an understanding (sad) friend. Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  13. The generousness of my sisters in blogland never ceases to delight and amaze me.
    I could not have made it without them these past few weeks.

    The loss of a pet is just devastating and I do hope your precious memories will comfort you.

    The valance is lovely.

    If you have a moment please stop by and enter my French Basketeer tote giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous20.5.10

    Just remember...Buffy is in dogie heaven with Tiny,Panda,Sparky and Dusty!! AWWWW!

    Love, your sister

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful place that Blog Land of ours can be. Will you be accepting this new fur baby? What a blessing this sweet lady was to offer

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Linda,,I am sorry for the loss you feel, I have been there...more than once. After a lifetime of pets, I found myself without any, and I enjoyed the break for about 8 yr....then Pennywinkel found us...not my plan, but there you are. It was a sweet offer.
    I feel the same about the blue,,refreshing and clean is how it makes me feel.
    Love
    Marcie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment and visit QBC. :)