Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Cleaning and Cranberries


Today and tomorrow I am cleaning and cooking. Then cooking again Friday for Saturday. (So my daughter can have a Thanksgiving Dinner, she works on TG).
The last couple of years I have been cooking ahead of time and it makes such a difference, even in the flavor of the food. One of my favorites is cranberry and orange relish.
1 lb. cleaned cranberries
2 sunkist oranges
1 c. sugar
1 c. Splenda
Blend cranberries in blender a little at a time, I set mine on salsa speed, ;-) same for oranges, add sugar and splenda mix thoroughly. Refrigerate overnight. (Leave the skins on the oranges!) My mom thought of this many years ago before it was popular...
Happy Thanksgiving!
Blessings,

3 comments:

  1. Hello Linda
    It really does make a difference doing a lot of it ahead of time. I learned that years ago when I would nearly kill myself on that day. I love my dressing after it is frozen and thawed out. The flavors are so much better.
    I just wanted to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving and to remind you I draw Friday for the candy.
    So check in to see if you won.
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to say How I love all these blue decorations. Wonder why blue...lol
    lovely
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Linda:
    Thanks for visiting Brynwood. In answer to your question over there - no, sweetie. I don't make the basic girly shoe myself. I hunt for them in the shops. It really helps when you start with little beauties like those.
    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, my friend. Happiness to you and yours.
    Love,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment and visit QBC. :)