Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Tiny Gifts...

 Thought I might try my hand at these miniature nests. They are easy to make. I had the freshwater pearls, including the tiny egg shaped robins egg blue pearls. I gently wired the pin to each nest. Since I am not a jewelry maker the tiny rings were a little difficult to connect but after a while of using the little needle nose pliers it closed! They are fun to make with the help of Cathe Holden over at:  JSIM.  She gives step by step instructions here, on how to make these sweet nests. I used 24 gauge coated wire, which makes it even easier to wrap. Except the copper wire is 26 guage, and takes a little more wire.  I added the tiny silver and gold color birds to give it more personality. They are sweet gifts for my mother, sister and friends. White Linen ~ Lavender Field will be on the quiet side for 2 weeks while I return to Wisconsin for a visit. Have a happy and safe 4th of July weekend!
Thanks to all who leave  sweet comments!

9 comments:

  1. Those turned out AMAZING!! You sure make ME look good! Thanks so much for linking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful little nests! I love them. Thank you for the link so I can try my hand at them, too!
    Have a wonderful trip. Say "hello" to Wisconsin for me!
    Hugs and safe travels,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cathe was so kind to give us those wonderful directions! Your nests are gorgeous! I was getting ready to post three necklaces and a bracelet that I made from her directions. There are birdnests everywhere! I just went onto another blog and she had made one for a card. They are so much fun...tks for sharing yours with us. I like the little bird attached too.
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  4. How absolutely adorable these are. Great job. TTFN Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very sweet, love the copper and blue together,,very pretty!
    Have a glorious vacation!
    Hugs,
    Lynn♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are absolutely adorable!!!! My favorite is the copper nest w/the little blue "eggs," Have a good time on vacay! sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. I posted about your lovely eggs on my post today. When I made my nests I was at the beach & found that if I added the nest to a baggy of egg shells, for a couple of days, it will turn the copper to a more antiqued look but did not change the eggs. Your little birds just add that "special touch". Thank you for sharing your talents.
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these sweet little nests. I must create some and your post has inspired me. Always enjoy visiting your blog. Sea Witch

    ReplyDelete
  9. These nests are charming. I've been struck lately by a poem Madame Guyon wrote when she was imprisoned for her faith. It is on my blog's side bar. I've wanted a memento...but I need a bird in a cage.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment and visit QBC. :)